On our journey to becoming a wife of noble character (in this Proverbs 31 Wife Life series), we have seen that the idea is beautiful, but cultivating that lifestyle is hard. But I ask you…would it be worth it for your marriage? Let’s take a look at my favorite part of this scripture to find out!
“She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all.”
Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.”
Proverbs 31:27-31 NKJV
I can’t help but smile every time I read this passage! What an encouragement for those of us willing to take a leap into becoming a virtuous wife! Here we see the biggest blessing of all! Using all of her best characteristics, she prioritizes watching over those that she loves, and she does not give up. She refuses to be idle in her roles! And although she is not doing it just to be rewarded for it, she reaps the fruits of her labor and is praised by her family.
Now I know there will be days, weeks, months and maybe even years that will go by that you do not feel praised or appreciated in your marriage. But I am praying that you will press on! Be the wife that that has no regrets in your role as a wife! God sees you, and he knows your heart, and his blessings are far more significant than an earthly blessing we can receive.
Thank you for joining me on this special Proverbs 31 Wife Life series! I hope you found something special in each post. If you happened to miss a week (or you are just now reading for the first time), feel free to check out the series below!
Complete Proverbs 31 Wife Life Series
- Proverbs 31 Wife: Her Worth is Far Above Rubies
- Wives: 3 Ways to Build Marital Trust, Proverbs 31:11
- How to Be the BEST Wife! WifeLife Proverbs 31:12
- The Willing Wife Life! Proverbs 31:13
- A Serving Heart: Wife Life Proverbs 31:14-15
- Are You Investing or Robbing Your Marriage? Proverbs 31:16
- Proverbs 31: The Tenacious Wife (Performance Review)
- A Heart That Gives: Proverbs 31 WifeLife
- Insure Your Marriage: Proverbs 31 Series
- Spread Kindness like Confetti…in your Marriage
- Is the Proverbs 31 Wife Life Worth It?
If you are a wife that enjoys marriage transparency, laughing, tips and encouragement, do not miss out on my WifeLife Wednesday emails! Sign up for Free Here!